Regular maintenance plays a vital role in enhancing the performance and longevity of commercial roofs. As a manager of a commercial or industrial building, you can get on top of issues before they escalate into bigger problems. And since commercial roofs can be quite expensive to replace, you’ll want to craft a solid roof maintenance plan to help you identify problems early and carry out the necessary repairs.
How a Roof Maintenance Plan Can Help
A maintenance plan for a commercial roof is facilitated by a professional commercial roofing contractor and encompasses performing regular inspections, cleaning gutters and drain systems, and preventive maintenance to curb more severe damage from happening.
A roof maintenance plan helps commercial building owners and managers keep their roofs under warranty and in top-notch conditions within a specified budget. Typically, roofing material manufacturers require at least one inspection to be carried out every year by an authorized contractor. During annual inspections, your roofing contractor will check for both current problems and areas which could trigger problems in the future. This allows repairs to be done early before they grow bigger and become costly.
What a Roof Maintenance Plan Covers
A good roof maintenance plan covers a myriad of action plans, including cleaning gutters, mending flashings, and performing minor repairs for the overall cost of the program. Having a service team look at your roof regularly will give you peace of mind knowing your roof will last longer and remain within the warranty guidelines. Here are some of the critical components of a commercial roof maintenance plan:
- Regular Roof Inspections – Bad weather, such as intense heat or hailstorms, can do harm to any commercial roof. Regular roof inspections are important in determining the overall condition of a commercial roof and identifying areas which need repair.
- Regular Upkeep – A maintenance plan ensures all routine upkeeps are completed. Tasks such as removing and disposing of debris, cleaning gutters and downspouts, and trimming overhanging tree branches are all critical to your roof’s overall health and performance.
- Minor Roof Repairs – Working with a reputable commercial roofer will ensure the maintenance plan is followed to the letter. Your roofer will expertly carry out minor repairs to the membrane surface, insulation, and flashings to ensure your roof remains watertight for years to come.
- Budget Allocation – A grand roof maintenance plan will help you set aside the necessary budget for roof inspections, repairs, and preventive maintenance.
Factors Affecting Roof Maintenance Price
The cost of your commercial roof maintenance plan is determined by the age, condition, and square footage of your roof. On average, a commercial roof maintenance plan encompasses roof inspection, cleaning gutters and drain systems, and providing an inspection report. AllThe plan should list out what is covered depending on your type of roof and individual preferences.
The great thing about a commercial roof maintenance plan is the ability to pay upfront for a year’s worth of visits (usually about 2-3 visits) and forget about your roof for the rest of the year.
Other than the square footage, several factors can influence the cost of your roof maintenance plan. If your roof has special configurations and layout, the price will be affected. It is best to have your roofer inspect the roof before issuing a quote. Overall, here are the main factors which affect the price of a maintenance plan:
- Roof Condition – If your commercial roof is in a debilitating condition, it may cost more to get it back to running order. The best time to sign up for a maintenance plan is when it is new (or new to you).
- Roof Layout and Access – A facility with multiple roof levels or with areas which are difficult to access may pay more for maintenance plans. Some commercial roofs are a mix of low-slope and steep-slope surfaces, meaning your roofer may need additional equipment and expertise to work on the roof, which adds to the cost of maintenance.
Sign Up for a Commercial Roof Maintenance Plan Today!
A reliable and local commercial roofing contractor with experience in the installation and repair of commercial roofs can offer you a reliable maintenance plan. At Midwest Roofing, we offer customized plans for buildings from Columbia to Springfield. We help extend the longevity of your commercial roof while saving you both time and money. You can turn to our pros for guidance in coming up with a program which works for you and your operations. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation or to sign up for a commercial roof maintenance plan!